The history of the Barguzinsky District and the settlement of Barguzin
is closely connected with the Novomeisky family
in a certain period of time. The family house of the goldmine owner Heikel Novomeisky is still well preserved in Barguzin.
He bought the house in Third Street (presently Dzerzhinsky Street) from the widow of M. Kuchelbecker in 1860. After the establishment of Soviet rule the building was conveyed to the Education Department, then it housed Barguzin`s first orphanage and later a kindergarten. Barguzin District